Grammar
17%
Private/Public
8%
Other
4%

Total votes: 24
rts

Prompted by an innocent post by Sput in one of the threads about the Pope, I've created this thread on schooling.

Personally, I went to an all boys comprehensive for secondary school. I had the option of going to the local grammar school but chose not to take it. My parents could not afford sending me to a private school, but personally I'm happy with my comprehensive education, and that the money went into the house etc.

What sort of school did you go to? Did you love it, hate it? And is there any system your dead set against.
Sput

Oh Rod, there's nothing innocent when I post! *Cackle*

I went to an exceedingly poor (in both finance and A level results, 24th from the bottom) school called King Edward VI, they rebranded it a couple of years ago and merged it with another one in town and now, somehow, it's even worse! HOWEVER I managed, in my A level maths class of 2 people, to turn it about and get to uni. Huzzah.

One thing springs to mind that scared me when I was there, and that was for at least a year they were using a fingerprint system for the library without even telling the parents! Add to that incompetence in the senior management and rebellion against the head by some of the teachers and you get a good picture!
Knight knight
squawkBOX

I'm going to slightly diverge from the Poll as in Scotland all you have is:

1. Public Schools - Anyone can go here

2. Private Schools - Fee paying school

I went to a public school. It wasn't bad, usually at the top of the results table for our area. It was a new PFI school - a newly built building, it was nice but when I look at the new schools that are being built in England, 'City Academies' - it looks nothing like that!