Video Editing

Salty

Have just finished a show at the youth club I work at, which we filmed on a Video Camera.

We've got a wintv usb, and want to edit the video on computer - then put it onto VCD for the kids to take home and watch on there DVD players.

What software would we need? How would we do it?

Thanks!
Big Brother

Salty wrote:Have just finished a show at the youth club I work at, which we filmed on a Video Camera.

We've got a wintv usb, and want to edit the video on computer - then put it onto VCD for the kids to take home and watch on there DVD players.

What software would we need? How would we do it?

Thanks!
Firstly you'll need a cable to connect the camera to the PC - check your instructions to see if you can even do this. From what I gather is the WinTV USB not a DTT card?

If your video camera, like mine, is a Digital video cam then it will plug into your PC via the Firewire port all the cables should have come with the cam but you may have to buy one.

To edit your video there are programmes such as Adobe Premiere - this comes in a demo so I'm sure you can use it to edit and save the video. Not sure on the restrictions. There are a few others out there but I'm not too sure what they all are. Video isn't exactly my field of expertise.

Windows XP does come with a Video Editor it's not great and I have no idea how it works. lol
Anonymous

Possibly the best video editor I have used is Pinnacle.