Nader (Green)ish
No votes
Sput (Fab)
21%
James Martin (Mental)
26%

Total votes: 19
Sput

Well! With just one day to go and that immortal phrase from 2000 "Too close to call" back in our ears, who do metrogeeks think will will the election tomorrow? Not who you WANT to win it, mind, but who you THINK will win it!

I'm going to personally go out on a limb. I think Kerry has a real chance today, but perhaps that's optimism talking.
Knight knight
James Hatts

Definitely James Martin. More mental than Dubya.
MrTomServo

As much as I'd love to write in Sput for president, I actually will be voting for John Kerry tomorrow morning.

I think it's so clear how George W Bush has let his staff (such as Karl Rove and Dick Cheney) abuse the position of president. He's made a mockery of the US abroad, and he's pushed for policy that destroys the environment. I agree that Kerry isn't the "best" candidate in the country, but he's certainly better than any of the alternatives.

As to who will win, I don't think that will be determined for some time. It's so razor-close right now, that I think it's highly doubtful we'll have a definitive result tomorrow night.

And that's as much as I think I'm going to say on the subject. Unless you're Sput, and then you can ask me anything, because you're fab.

Sput

...and THAT is why, at 12am, I will be elected president! I am worried about the James Martin swing though - but he's a flip flopper between mental and idiot ;)
Knight knight
intheknow

It will mean nothing at this stage, but the 2pm National Election Pool exit polls (not used on-air of course) show Kerry with leads in the states that matter, although some are only a couple of points.

I think that Bush will somehow find a way to break through though.
cdd

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bush will make another term. He has proved time and again that he takes an aggressive policy against terorrism, and with the threat Bush has managed to leave us with, the American people might be inclined to believe that he is the only one who will be able to sort us out. Also I believe that Bin Laden video would have affected many Americans to go Bush.

I think these elections will also have an impact on ours: if Bush gets re-elected, I think there is a lower chance of Blair being elected in the next UK elections. This is because I think that Kerry, albeit wanting to take part in an anti-terrorist war effort, won't take as big a stance as Bush (regardless of what he says to his voters) on terrorism.

Also I think it is important to note that these opinion polls are not entirely reliable. The people who vote in opinion polls will be a different type of person to those who don't bother (and reserve their vote solely for the actual elections); for instance, those voting in opinion polls would be much more likely to watch television, and be therefore more influenced by the media than those who don't partake in opinion polls.

If you haven't done so already, I advise you to take a look at this article on BBC News Online. apart from being interesting reading, it provides great insight into the legal situation between the two candidates.

Well that's all for now :)

C
DAS

cdd wrote:Also I think it is important to note that these opinion polls are not entirely reliable. The people who vote in opinion polls will be a different type of person to those who don't bother (and reserve their vote solely for the actual elections); for instance, those voting in opinion polls would be much more likely to watch television, and be therefore more influenced by the media than those who don't partake in opinion polls.
A good point that. Opinion polls, like anything, have their cons. A good example was raised by one reporter I heard (I think it was Peter Bowes on Steve Wright in the Afternoon, but I'd rather say it was Newsnight): most opinion polls are conducted by landline, eliminating a large number of younger voters who won't be answering or are using mobiles.

My gut instinct is that George Bush will scrape through for another term. But I reckon that if it were the same situation in the UK, voters would be more inclined to vote Kerry for the change of scenery - the minds of voters in the UK and US work, I would suggest, completely and utterly differently. Provide a credible alternative and the British public would be more likely to vote against the PM.

Perhaps.
Johnny

Looks as if that useless tw*t George Bush is President again, Are the Americans stupid, don't they realise what a moran he is. I'm not blaming all American's by the way before I get a complete back lash, however those who have voted for him have really cheesed off the rest of the world.

John Kerry should now be President NOT George Bush, thank you to all that have voted & made USA / European relations more difficult

End of Rant
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
noelfirl

Well, apart from the ever so slightly disturbing fact that the man has *actually* been voted president this time, there is also the fact that the Republican party is now in majority control of both houses of Congress...

You aint seen nothing yet.
Johnny

noelfirl wrote:Well, apart from the ever so slightly disturbing fact that the man has *actually* been voted president this time, there is also the fact that the Republican party is now in majority control of both houses of Congress...

You aint seen nothing yet.
Hmmm...Vote Rigging :? can't rule it out it did happen last time
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Chris Turnbull

Johnny wrote:...John Kerry should now be President NOT George Bush...
and Al Gore was the legal president in 2000. yet, bush still won?!?!?!

PLEASE OHIO, DON'T VOTE BUSH.
“What the Frack?!?” "SO SAY WE ALL!!!"