London tomorrow...

iSon

Well yes kids...that time has come around. Time for the one and only to move to the smoke!

Scary stuff...this time tomorrow I will be resting in my Battersea student hovel...but at least it will be my hovel. Before anyone says it...yes I'm either a) living in the power station or b) living with the dogs. Nobody has said either of those things to me before... :shock:

Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll have the internet in my accommodation. Despite it being student digs...it seems they want to rip you off as much as possible by making you chose a third party to get on the net. Damn them. So I would appreciate it if our South-Eastern members could relay the best of Metropol each day via a series of communications such as semaphore, smoke signals, carrier pigeons and morse code. It would be much appreciated.

But then...who knows...maybe I'll brave it and pay for the net.

I am moving in, very early. My enrolment isn't for 10 days and my course starts a week after that...so a long wait. But I'm paying for it from tomorrow so I'm going to claim the meals that they are generously going to cook for me. I'm sort of hoping I'll be the first person there and be able to run up and down corridors shouting "pants" and jumping up and down in the lifts. But then...even when everyone is there I'm sure I'll engage in some or fewer of those activities. I know it's going to be full of these strange foreign student types who always get to university about 2 years before you do. Still, it should be highly entertaining.

But hey...in all seriousness...let's hope that my second attempt goes better than the first. Am a little nervous (naturally) but not terribly worried and I'm looking forward to it lots.

First person to spot me on the tube gets £10.
Good Lord!
Sput

Awwwww good luck Ison. Watch out for the Southerners though, they're all puffs you know.
Knight knight
iSon

It's a worry...I don't even know if I'll be allowed to move in. Just my tenancy agreements says the room will be let from Sunday 19th September and the nice man told me that the first date on the tenancy agreement is when I could come...so I intend to turn up and get a room whether they like it or not! :lol:
Good Lord!
Martin

Best of luck to you, hope all goes well.

What course is it your doing? and at what uni?
iSon

Journalism...at the London College of Communication...part of the University of the Arts London.

Arts homepage

And yes...I've heard all the criticism thanks!! :lol:
Good Lord!
Snu

The one thing you'll notice is that we all smell alot nicer down south. None of your eggy smell of industry that you get 'up north'. Plus, we are not all poofs, some of us just don't like to limit our options ok? :x
I say it only because I'm good looking...
all new Phil

Well I'm also moving away in 2 weeks time to university. I'm off to Sheffield to study Tourism Management, so I shall be making less appearances round here (not that I make many anyway).
This and That

Good luck Ison .
NickyS

God can we cope with such a legend moving to London :D
Martin

NickyS wrote:God can we cope with such a legend moving to London :D
Quiet night in the news centre Nicky? :P
James Martin

Buhbye Ison... you shall be missed!