TV Forum Nectar Appeal

tvmercia

forget children in need, telethon, comic relief, sport relief ... there is a new name in chaaarridy do-gooding - its the tvforum nectar appeal.

now we're all people of the world, with drinks to buy, parking fines to pay for, movies to go and watch - we really dont have that little bit extra cash to send to dawn french or terry wogan. well fear not! ... introducing the tvforum nectar appeal.

for every £ you spend at sainsburys, bp, barclaycard and some other places you can be earning precious points to send to the 3rd world. think of the impact a debenhams voucher would have on the life of an impoverished villager in mali - he may stay hungry, but atleast he can be hungry wearing the poncho he's always wanted.

your precious points could send a picnic set to the repressed population of north korea. if they *HAVE* to eat grass, why not eat in style.

so spend more at nectar outlets, and remember to get your card swiped, for the good of the 3rd world.

we need everyone to pledge their points to the appeal - and they will then be donated to a charity of james hatt's choice.

to kick things off, i pledge 1000 points - im currrently on 800 and something.
iSon

I'm afraid I can only pledge points if we have a massive neon statue of James Hatts - like the blue peter totaliser so i can see my points making a difference.

If we get one then i'll gladly pledge 2000 points.
Good Lord!
captain marvel

Would James Hatts suit neon though?

I would prefer a 60's psychedelic statue of the affable Londoner.

Has tvmercia moved into Hannah Hauxwell's old cottage? If so, how will he survive the grip of winter? I suggest we muck in to keep him alive during the winter season.
tvmercia

captain marvel wrote:Would James Hatts suit neon though?

I would prefer a 60's psychedelic statue of the affable Londoner.

Has tvmercia moved into Hannah Hauxwell's old cottage? If so, how will he survive the grip of winter? I suggest we muck in to keep him alive during the winter season.
if we plugged it a giant neon totalizer into the mains we'd use the same amount of electricity that an african village would use in a month - so we can have one as long as it is powered by someone cycling (also to reacognise james' love of cycling).

and yes, i am living in hannah's old house, bathing in the pond, drinking from the stream. i sold off all my worldly possessions so a village in india could have their sight back.

*rattles tin at everyone on the forum, looking for more donations*
Pete

I would like to be a roving reporter for these places we are going to help but, taking my inspiration from Hannah, I shall not eat or drink anything of their's so they may have made for myself and instead of an endless supply of cups of tea.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cat

I spent 30 quid at Sainsbury's the other day.

I think this has accumulated me enough points to buy myself a penny sweet, if that.

You have to spent about 3 grand to get a box of teabags.
andyrew

cat wrote:I spent 30 quid at Sainsbury's the other day.

I think this has accumulated me enough points to buy myself a penny sweet, if that.

You have to spent about 3 grand to get a box of teabags.
They are always giving us money off. Maybe we spend a bit too much money there. It's all alcohol I swear!
cat

I think the best deal I have ever negotiated was a free jar of pasta sauce, which had the texture of a brillo pad.

And we all know you could keep an entire Thresher's store afloat with your alcohol habits.
DJGM

I usually do my weekly grocery shopping at either Tesco or Asda. There's no Sainsburys near me.

I don't have a car, and I can't drive, so I don't go to BP for anything. Well, I do get my morning
papers and a couple of fizzy drinks from the local Total service station, on my way into Bolton.

I don't have any credit cards, let alone a Barclaycard. I don't believe in having a small piece
of plastic in my wallet that allows you to spend money I haven't got! I do buy most stuff
on my Maestro (formerly Switch) debit card, which I've done for a few years now.

Heck, I don't even have a Nectar card!

So, as it goes, I can't take part in this appeal, even if I wanted to!
cat

DJGM wrote:So, as it goes, I can't take part in this appeal, even if I wanted to!
So why have you bothered to post in the thread, then?
DAS

YEAH! It's like a Barclays manager appearing in the Children in Need audience with an unsigned cheque and saying "Well sorry, we can't help". It's as good as spitting in those poor orphan child faces. Why don't you take your Bolton and your Maestro (formerly Switch) and shove them somewhere useful.