In-store music

WillPS

PRODISC/DS wrote:I've been experimenting with In-Store Music and now own my own company operating in certain parts of Scotland only, it's called "Sound Scape" - Not gonna bore you with that though.
Best of luck in your new venture! You clearly know your stuff in this arena.
PRODISC/DS

Wow, slow resurrection from the ground hopefully?

I'm only 16, but yes, I do quite a lot of reading up on this stuff.

If you see either Bouyer or unbranded speakers with Sound Scape stickers on, you'll know who installed them! :P
Pete

PRODISC/DS wrote:The top of the mountain is a DMX MUSIC ProFusion X Digital music manager.
and an AEI rediffusion music RM3- only the amp gets used now tho :(

Can we discuss this please? I'm trying to track down a microphone that would work with an old PA system where the socket is marked AEI Rediffusion Music and has been described (no photo as of yet) as having "seven slots with one underneath". Now this sounds to be like a DIN connector however apparently they aren't round slots. Did Rediffusion have a propriety connector?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

What shape are they, if not round? Pictures are needed.
Pete

I know - I'm working on pictures. It's been described as "like a petal" - like that's helpful.
Nick Harvey
God

Aha! Pictures when you can get them, then, petal!
dosxuk

Sounds like a DIN socket to me. Plenty of them have slots for the pins rather than holes

Pete

Pete

so with it now obviously being a din connector, the question is, where do i get a din microphone for cheap?
Alexia

Pete wrote:so with it now obviously being a din connector, the question is, where do i get a din microphone for cheap?
eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLYCOM-50501 ... 1e99820f70

Not exactly the microphone I think you were looking for, but could be adapted by a reasonably skilled techie one thinks.
dosxuk

Pete wrote:so with it now obviously being a din connector, the question is, where do i get a din microphone for cheap?
The problem with DIN connected mics is that there was never an agreed wiring standard - each manufacturer went and did their own thing. The good news is that any bog standard dynamic mic should work, but you'll have to source the DIN and workout the pinout yourself. I'd be very surprised if you could find a match mic that's already wired and still works today.
Alexia wrote:eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLYCOM-50501 ... 1e99820f70

Not exactly the microphone I think you were looking for, but could be adapted by a reasonably skilled techie one thinks.
That's a 7-pin mini-DIN, not compatible with the connectors above.