In-store music

PRODISC/DS

Liam125 wrote:Does anyone actually know any of the tracks they play in Homebase? - I know they're all unsigned. But what medium do they play them on currently... satellite, CD-BGM/CD-i or DMX ProDisc? Half the songs are quite decent, mostly unsigned indie or light rock. Some are pop. I'd like to get hold of some of them
None of those systems actually
My local homebase has
Some rediffusion music speakers some penton and some AEI and DMX!
The top of the mountain is a DMX MUSIC ProFusion X Digital music manager.
and an AEI rediffusion music RM3- only the amp gets used now tho :(
it, was a cdi player also made by plextor and SK.
its friggin beutiful :)
din inputs, din for the mic...
Pete

PRODISC/DS wrote:It is IONA- Matthew - The Man
'ere it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nzKlAJiyE
You are a wonderful wonderful man. I was trying to find what this drivvel was for so long. It's such a nasty horrid piece of music that just irritated on so many levels. You'd think they'd have found something less infuriating, unless that's the point to get attention?

Certainly in B&Q it used to play every 45 mins or so, would that suggest that it's losing the connection to the server?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
PRODISC/DS

i was at the youth venue and they have an Imagesound PC-Based system for music,
so the black eyed peas wer on, then click-click-snip-silence, then guess what plays!
no, really have a guess. oh and if you get demented in B&Q, just remember i have to face it on mackie srm450s and mackie srs1500 subs. so there.

the old closed down food giant has a "Next Two" (?) Speaker and all it plays is matthew the man looping over and over. and probably on a 0.25 watt tapping
Philip

PRODISC/DS wrote:the old closed down food giant has a "Next Two" (?) Speaker and all it plays is matthew the man looping over and over. and probably on a 0.25 watt tapping
A closed down shop is still blasting out music? :?: :?
Chris

Matalan has awful covers, I had the misfortune of having to be in there for a few hours last week.

Who does the music for Starbucks? They do have some very nice tracks playing in there sometimes.
Pete

Chris wrote:Matalan has awful covers, I had the misfortune of having to be in there for a few hours last week.

Who does the music for Starbucks? They do have some very nice tracks playing in there sometimes.
IIRC starbucks have their own internal music company / record label.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear_Music
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Liam125

I managed to find exactly where Homebase were getting their tracks from... and a lot of them are all available online for streaming - http://www.pureplaymusic.com/puremusic/streaming-music - they're all found under the "Main" category. My god I just realised some of them are awful...

But those ones hosted on Pureplay are last year's playlist and Homebase bought in some new tracks for 2011 after Christmas. New company possibly?
PRODISC/DS

It now has started playing in our local B&Q Warehouse :D

I love it for some reason... think it is very detailed if listened to on a PROPER pa system like what my B&Q have... PEL Pendant Speakers... huge things with 3 6.5'' speakers in each one! If I remember they take 60 watts on 100v line.

Here is the ceiling version of them:
http://img.swapz.co.uk/swapz/2010-07/bi ... 0a57_1.jpg
PRODISC/DS

Hear Music is owned by Imagesound and yes, I HAVE heard the infamous song in there too!
Nick Harvey
God

Did I just hear a pointless bump?
PRODISC/DS

Zombie thread resurrection hopefully?
Oh my god - some of my older posts on here were truly awful.

Yes, a closed down shop was still blasting out IONA at the time but is now long gone and the speaker that was doing it fell into my hands...after a clean it came up pretty nice! It's an ADS Worldwide Jaguar 20 Plus sound projection loudspeaker. 20 watts R.M.S., I think it was replaced not long after the Kwik Save / Food Giant chain closed down.

In other news...
Imagesound now have a different song, one with sparkles and chimes. It's called "Natural Beauty" and it's by the "I Chill Music Factory" - it's a lot more listenable than IONA, but lulls you to sleep. That isn't good, especially in places like Burger King or McDonalds...or even if your in the wood cutting section in B&Q... head+saw machine = not good...nope...that red stuff ain't ketchup.

I've been experimenting with In-Store Music and now own my own company operating in certain parts of Scotland only, it's called "Sound Scape" - Not gonna bore you with that though.

For everyone who wants to know, Kwik Save used the Delta Sound BMC series of mini wall mounted cabs in their installations, done by TSC Music Services at the time. Sadly today companies Delta Sound and Next Two is no more, as companies like PENTON are getting all these certificates for how "safe" their speakers are. Damn is this all that matters now? Don't people fucking care about SOUND QUALITY some time? Penton RCS's sound like tin cans!