None
No votes
Posh Resturant
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 21
nwtv2003

I think they were made with random chicken bits. I have tasted the new ones and there is very little difference, you can taste that there's less salt, though they tasted nicer with it IMO. Though I don't go to Maccies as much as I used to, seems more of a scally place these days, plus if you go quite often you can get bored of it, for me it is either Burger King or Subway.

Though as I've been working more lately it is Morrisons Canteen for me! :lol:
Martin

Big Brother would probably be the best man around here to answer that one.

From what I've heard from a friend they were 100% chicken which basically means it's anything and everything from a chicken that is fit to be put in there whereas now its just the chicken breast.
MrTomServo

Please point to which part of the chicken is the nugget.

Martin

Depending what part of scotland you are in it could be described as the head :lol:

Not wanting to put anyone off...
cwathen

I was just wondering today after i saw a Mcdonalds' advert about Chicken Nuggets "now made with real breast chicken and less salt."

OK... Im confused , if Mcdonalds are saying Mc Nuggets are made with REAL chicken,it makes you wonder what they were made of before.
McDonald's chicken products (and worringly, as far as I know most of this is actually true):

:arrow: Chickens are 'carefully selected' - carefully selected to be the cheapest they can buy, which usually means they're too old and straggly to be sold as a whole chicken or as joints.

:arrow: Once plucked, the whole chicken goes into a grinder to form a mince, which is then mixed with egg to bind it together.

:arrow: It's shaped into 12" cubes, frozen, and then loaded onto pallets

:arrow: McDonalds buy it by the pallete load, defrost it, and then squeeze the chicken out into the various shapes they need and finish it with the correct batter/breadcrumbs/whatever that the product demands.

:arrow: The products are then cooked, frozen again, and distributed to the stores where they are refried to defrost and warm them up again at the point of sale.
I thought they were made of that weird chicken protein stuff which is grown rather than farmed - similar to KFC chicken (hence KFC aren't allowed to call themselves Kentucky Fried Chicken any more).
AFAIK all KFC chicken is real chicken. For one thing their latest advertising campaign waxes lyrical about their 'real chicken meals' and how their chicken fillet burgers are made with whole chicken brests. And I'd love to know how their original recipe chicken (the standard pieces of chicken coated in KFC-stuff) are made from protein considering they are recogniseable as chicken pieces - even with bones.
Ed Hammond

I find both of Maccy D's current campaigns to be both cynical and transparently idiotic (rather a bizarre mixture).

I don't know why, but they're now trying to market themselves as being purveyors of wholesome, healthy food. The one with the kids is bad enough - what parent would honestly believe that a McChicken Nugget (or is it Chicken McNugget?) Meal is genuinely nutritious? And what child would care whether it was or not?

The first argument can be writ large with the unintentionally hilarious "Salads Plus" adverts. If whichever advertising agency produced this garbage actually got paid for it, I'm astonished. The pitch was clearly "We're going to market McDonald's products to the sector of the population which is least likely to be attracted to it - young, late-twenties early-thirties independent, professional, urban women - by presenting the consumption of McDonald's food as a contemporary lifestyle option through presenting the viewer with a series of aspirational role-models with whom all the target audience will naturally identify."

Doesn't work, though, does it? I know several late-twenties early-thirties women who think those adverts are not only hilarious, but also immensely patronising. Ah well, Maccy D's - you can't win 'em all. Stick to post-pub students, fourteen-year olds, and divorced fathers taking their children for a treat on their weekend contact visits - they're your core market.
Katherine

cwathen wrote: McDonald's chicken products (and worringly, as far as I know most of this is actually true):

:arrow: Chickens are 'carefully selected' - carefully selected to be the cheapest they can buy, which usually means they're too old and straggly to be sold as a whole chicken or as joints.

:arrow: Once plucked, the whole chicken goes into a grinder to form a mince, which is then mixed with egg to bind it together.

:arrow: It's shaped into 12" cubes, frozen, and then loaded onto pallets

:arrow: McDonalds buy it by the pallete load, defrost it, and then squeeze the chicken out into the various shapes they need and finish it with the correct batter/breadcrumbs/whatever that the product demands.

:arrow: The products are then cooked, frozen again, and distributed to the stores where they are refried to defrost and warm them up again at the point of sale.
For god's sake, go Veggie!!
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Larry Scutta

nodnirG kraM wrote:I thought they were made of that weird chicken protein stuff which is grown rather than farmed - similar to KFC chicken (hence KFC aren't allowed to call themselves Kentucky Fried Chicken any more).

However this could turn out to be nothing more than an urban myth.

Indeed, it is an urban myth.

The reason they changed their name was to get away frm the reputation that all they do is chicken, when of course it isn't.
Larry Scutta

Katherine wrote:For god's sake, go Veggie!!
No need for that, just and eat buy proper meat