A moral dilemma...?

Brad

Yesterday morning, my post arrived as normal. Now, having just moved, I'm having my post from my old house redirected. But today they've made a mistake and redirected number 65's instead of 66. Now, I'd usually send it back but having "accidently" opened it I found £15 inside. From the accompanying letter it seems to be for some cleaning work my neighbour (who I never actually met, but God, did I hear her sons bloody electric guitar!) has yet to do, thus getting paid in advance.
Now, what's a guy to do? Be honest? Post it back? Spend it? :?
Seeing it's work she's YET TO DO, I don't feel to bad if I were to keep it. It's not as if she's toiled away, brush in hand and I'm spending her wages. All that would happen is that the person would say "Why haven't you done my cleaning work?" and she would reply "What cleaning work?" and the conversation would flow like sparkling wine. ;) Now, had she done the work I would be more inclined to post it back. But if she doesn't know the money exists anyway...
Furthermore, I only have a few more Carry On DVD's to get to complete my collection and they're on offer in HMV at the moment... ;)
I've heard people say you can get prosecuted for opening someone's mail, but she's not to know I'm having it redirected and if they did catch me, I'd deny all knowledge. :?

So... what would you do...? :?
"That one!"
nwtv2003

Well if you feel really guilty about it, say you mistakenly opened it and apologise for doing so and then doing the honourable thing by doing it and trying not be awful to your neighbours.

But then again it's only £15, not much is it? If anyone asks blame Royal Mail, everyone else does it these days and people believe it too, as there seems to be more of this problem and only one delivery a day not 2, ours came at 1.30pm the other day! But obviously keep quiet about it, enjoy it, from what you've put on here Brad you seem to have had a bit of a shit time lately and just enjoy yourself.

It's only £15, if they catch you (which they won't), £15 isn't much to payback is it?
Neil Jones

Okay I'm boring but I'd do the right thing and send it back to the right people with a note apologising for opening it. You'd want them to do the same wouldn't you if it were your money?
squawkBOX

Although if it was probably a big corporation - I would probably keep the money however since its a person and its your next door neighbour. I would tend to give it back.

I think I would look upon it as if you were in their shoes. You wouldn't be happy that someone else has taken your money.

You said you don't know the person. Maybe £15 is a lifeline for them to get by, maybe they don't need it but I certainly would hand the money back. Just shove it in another evelope and post it through the door (with the orginal letter) - although I would try to do it when they are not in.