South West London
38%
West London
19%
All
13%

Total votes: 16
Larry Scutta

What about North East London? or Central London for that matter?

For me it's North London, although I am a traitor to my roots as a south Londoner
Chris

Barrett wrote:Im sorry i forgot to to in the poll 'nowhere in london' and Central London

My mistake. :oops:
And you also forgot to put in an apostrophe between your I and m! ;) :roll:

Back on topic, my favourite part of London has to be Central London, although I live in wonderful suburbia in SW London (OK, well, it's strictly not London, but near enough for argument's sake as Waterloo is only 30 mins away by train).

Also a Londoner as well - I was born in West London.
TVDragon

London is vile.

You want to visit it for the day, very well. Live in the place anywhere other than Vauxhall or Kew and it's a dirty, crowded, dead-end, v often dangerous hole. And you pay more for the pleasure.

Eels make their own jelly you know. You put a dog in a sack, then in the river. Eggs are laid, the eels can't escape. Eels go into a salted pot -- jellied eels. Serve it with a gristle pie and green 'liquor' and it's a tasty meal out in Walthamstow.

Vile.
Larry Scutta

TVDragon wrote:London is vile. You want to visit it for the day, very well. Live in the place anywhere other than Vauxhall or Kew and it's a dirty, crowded, dead-end, v often dangerous hole.
Are you talking about the same Vauxhall I know?

And you pay more for the pleasure.
You also get paid more by your employer!
Pete

rts wrote:OMGI?
try mousing over my original post and await the tooltip dear. If I could do acronym on here I'd love it but Martin says it won't work.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

Thank you, dear.
cat

Vauxhall is a bloody horrible place.

I ended up their quite by chance a few months ago.

Only decent thing about it is the tube station, which will get you out of there as quickly as possible. There's MI6, and some nice new flats they've built next to it (good security, one assumes), but that's about it.

Tottenham is my least favourite place on Earth.

And The City at the weekend is the best part of London. Empty. Scary, almost. The City on a weekday is also quite fun; watching bored business-types with 'I'm on Seroxat' written all over them go about their business, and that wanker who stands by Chancery Lane station with a megaphone telling people to 'open up to Jesus'.
Jenny

TVDragon wrote:Eels make their own jelly you know. You put a dog in a sack, then in the river. Eggs are laid, the eels can't escape. Eels go into a salted pot -- jellied eels. Serve it with a gristle pie and green 'liquor' and it's a tasty meal out in Walthamstow.
I don't quite understand the bit about putting a dog in a sack in the river. It sounds like a very good idea, but what's it got to do with eels?
cdd

What *is* that construction in the middle of the vauxhall cross. It looks like the Vauxhall Ski Jump to me!

And I strongly refute Barenit's comment about Vauxhall Tube Station. From experience, I can say it's just as clean as any other (admittedly that's not saying much ;) ) -- also, they've just installed sleek new gates that don't *SLAM* when you put the ticket in.

On a lighter note - anyone heard of the "Royal Vauxhall Tavern"? (google it :P )
Pete

Well to be fair Denman what with you being a dirty bugeer who doesn't wash I'm sure the filth travels with you contaminating all tube stations you enter.
"He has to be larger than bacon"