iusedtobelieve.com

Neil Jones

(repost from Planet as I'm too idle to pick new examples out)

This is good :) http://www.iusedtobelieve.com - i used to believe is a collection of ideas that adults thought were true when they were children. it will remind you what it was like to be a child, fascinated and horrified by the world in equal parts. the following pages will reassure you that the things you used to believe weren't so strange after all...

Couple of random examples:
my sister told me that in order to 'mature' as a girl, there was a store called the 'boobie swop shop' across the bridge that you would visit when it was 'time'.
I had this image of all of these boobs hanging on hangers, and of course you had your choice.

Deanna (from kids : my appearance)
When I was very young (about 3 or 4 years old) I was a big fan of tomatoe sauce / ketchup. Back then, all tomatoe sauces came in glass bottles that you had to bang the bottom of to get the sauce out of.
It seemed logical to me then that these same physics should apply to the human body, so when ever I went to the toilet to do poohs I would sit there banging myself on the head with my hand trying, literally, to knock the s**t out of myself.
Whenever my parents would turn on a TV show and groan, "Oh, it's a repeat," I always assumed that the station had rounded up the actors, and had them perform it all over again.
One of my favs...
My Dad told me that the Queen of England had a solid gold toilet and a special servant to wipe her backside.
Anything to share? :)

I did use to believe the thing about "rounding up the actors" for the repeats of TV programmes but also to the extent of everybody living on my videotapes to do the movie again on demand! :D
James Martin

I always thought that Julia Burchell lived inside my telly...

Imagine how pissed off I was when I took it apart!

What is Julia (who played the goregous Nicola) doing now? She was so fit - I'm amazed Yvon sacked her because, well, I wouldn't have said no, know what I mean? ;)
nwtv2003

If you look on the Sex page and then condoms, there was one thing that was true, as I always thought that the condom machines were soap machines when I was younger, I was on the verge of buying one at one point.

Cheers for the link on the site, half of the comments are quite funny.
Marcus

How about adding

Mediums, Astrologers and God to the list
MrTomServo

I thought toilets were electric there for awhile. (Let us not digress into another "which way does your toilet flush" discussion, though.)

There are two towns relatively close to each other here in southern California, one named Glendale and the other named Glendora. I thought they were brother and sister.

Cheese Head
Banned

I did use to believe the thing about "rounding up the actors" for the repeats of TV programmes but also to the extent of everybody living on my videotapes to do the movie again on demand!

I always thought the same on CD's. i thought that you can't play the CD too much otherwise the band just get sick of performing. Same why you couldn't skip tracks, you had to let them finish off...

Edit...
Iusedtobelive.com wrote:I thought that when I went to sleep, all of the stuffed animals in my room and all over the world got up and did things that normal humans do, and mine would always go on dates and save the world.
After watching toy story I thought whenever you wernt in your room or your eyes were closed they'd do normal human stuff. the same with animals, i belive they talked when we wernt around. I always hoped id find out to be just like the people inside the telly.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Chris

I also always thought that the images on TV came from a person living inside my TV
Bail

I belived if you opened the doors of a car it could fly. Well my lil toy ones did.
Cheese Head
Banned

Ive just been reminded as my mum moans about my dads parents...

As a kid i'd over hear my mum saying something like "Ginger keeps that old mans balls in her handbag" As I sat there listening in to her convorsations, i pictured these two testicles in a jar, with the tubes attatched, floating around in this jar as if there were pickled onions. Or I thought "That would be quite heavy, I bet she just has them in there" I went on to think, "how do they come off anyways?"

I never took any sweets that came out of her bag...
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Joel2

Lol - this one is funny

iusedtobelieve.com

"When I was a toddler, my mother had a pet goldfish named "Ronnie." The poor fish met its demise when I poured dishsoap in its bowl, "trying to help Ronnie blow bubbles.""

Hmm, odd! ;)

Joel.
xxx
Larry Scutta

I used to believe in a big man with a white beard who created the universe.

How could I have been so stupid :roll: