Your Ambitions

iSon

I'm sure many of you know that it's my aim and ambition in life to become a journalist...but I was just wondering what your ambition is?

I suppose mine is a job - but it could be anything. But I think the best ambitions aren't just one off things...but something that you aspire to be or want to do day-in day-out. So what do you want to be?

I recently heard of someone within the group whom I work for is leaving to become a train driver. Bit of a career change considering he's been a DJ for years and laterly Programme Manager of a radio station. But apparently, he's always wanted to do it! Fair play to him!

So what have you "always wanted to do" ? Or what do you want to be when you grow up? Finally, with all these questions...if those two don't apply to you...have you acheived your ambition, and are you happy?
Good Lord!
Katherine

CAREER AMBITION: Working for BBC Regional Television in one of the following capacities: Broadcast Assistant, Resource Librarian, Graphics Designer, Researcher, General Assistant or Runner. Preferred regions would be Look North Hull, Look North Leeds, East Midlands Today, Look East, Midlands Today or South Today.

Others

1 - To perform in a Jean Michel Jarre concert.
2 - To have singing lessons with Carrie and David Grant from Fame Academy and at the same time be more comfortable and confident as a solo performer.
3 - To go on a 'tornado chasers' holiday in the USA.
4 - To learn how to mix my own Hard Dance/Hard House/Trance CD compilations
5 - To publish a book about my experiences of Asperger's Syndrome.
6 - To have Jeremy Clarkson as a chauffeur for a day, preferably in an Aston Martin, Jaguar (NOT the X-Type estate), Rover 75, one of the more expensive Mercedes cars, Maybach 62 or Bentley.
7 - To be driven round the Spa-Francorchamps Formula One circuit by Michael Schumacher in a 2-seater Ferrari F1 car.
8 - To fly with the Red Arrows Aerobatic Display Team, preferably as a passenger in one of the Synchro Pairs' Hawks.
9 - To be an extra in a forthcoming Harry Potter film.
10 - To sing with Michael Crawford.
11 - To perform with the Adiemus singers (Karl Jenkins project).
12 - To experience an earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter Scale or higher.
13 - To cross the 10 longest suspension bridge spans in the world.
14 - To take to the Despatch Box for Prime Minister's Question Time and face MPs' questions.
15 - To see another Total Eclipse of the Sun.
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
iSon

Well I've done at least 12 of them already! Come on Katherine.....where were you!?
Good Lord!
Katherine

Isonstine wrote:Well I've done at least 12 of them already! Come on Katherine.....where were you!?
In bed with a migraine (after a fit) up until about 1 this afternoon!
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Snu

I've always wanted to be a manager within the civil service pushing paper. Which is funny because I am currently a manager within the civil service pushing paper. Ahh well, reach for those stars!
I say it only because I'm good looking...
iSon

I've always wanted to push paper - I got very close when a delivery of letter headed paper came the other day and I took deliver through the tradesman entrance (stop it!) and had to push it on one of those trolley things.

I can only dream of pushing paper, or even pens for real.
Good Lord!
Snu

Countersigning has also been known to make me moist. I'm seeing a doctor about that though.
I say it only because I'm good looking...
iSon

I get to put the red stamp on documents that has 5 boxes to be signed by various departments...does that make me special?

When I work mornings, I get to open the mail and put a date stamp on it. Well it excites me.
Good Lord!
James Martin

Well either to be a succesful songwriter or broadcaster. Right now I don't mind which - they're my two "loves" right now and I don't mind which path ends up being the one I take.

But train driver? Well, if you love your trains then...
DAS

I think you'll find that being a train driver pays rather nicely, actually. London Underground drivers earn more than paramedics don't you know.
Anonymous

DAS wrote:I think you'll find that being a train driver pays rather nicely, actually. London Underground drivers earn more than paramedics don't you know.
Yeah, they earn about £30,000 a year , but they still go on strike. :roll: