Donnie Darko

all new Phil

Is this the best film ever? I love it! I must have watched it about a hundred times, yet every time I seem to notice something which makes me think of the whole film in a different light.

For anyone who's not seen it, it's the story of a teenager who is on medication after burning down an empty house. This is causing him to hallucinate and see a man dressed as a giant rabbit called Frank, who tells him to carry out acts of vandalism and also tells him about time travel and when the world will end (in 28 days time). It's really too hard to explain the film, it's really deep and complicated, and everyone has a different theory of what is happening.

So what's everyone's opinions on the film? What do you think actually happens?
Snu

Oh I love this film! Puts Patrick Swayze in a whole different light. (for anyone who hasn't seen it, he plays a paedophile.) I think there are quite a few people around here who might claim to have a friend called Frank!

Its one of those really beautifully shot films as well. Plus it allows for no end of weird interpretations to be made. I think I may watch it again now.

Phil; I take it you also like David Lynch films like Mulholland Drive. Another head screwing film!
I say it only because I'm good looking...