MSN Wierdos/Weirdos

Pete

After a quick search through my MSN "people who have you on their contact list" erm, list. I've realised for the first time in ages I have managed to get the list of wierdos who added me to their MSN list and then either didn't talk or were just strange and never explained how they got my address down to under 5.

This wonderous piece of news aside, is it only me who gets these type of people? I had one person who claimed they were from Norway and constantly talked stuff about cornflakes. Another one claimed to be from TVF and constantly demanded I send him jingles (a different one steve, not him) even though I had *NEVER* published my MSN address on TVF or MP and noone I have on my list would have given them my address.

So wondered I, as I do, who exactly are these IM trolls and where they get your email from, and for that matter, what your own experiences with such wierdos are.

Discuss
Post rating: F for Fab
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Neil Jones

Usually I find the "wierdos" are those who you start having a three way convo with and they just add you pretty much by default. And once they have you on your own, well, they don't look as sane as they did back in the three/four way convo... :)
Neil Jones

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:Usually I find the "wierdos" are those who you start having a three way convo with and they just add you pretty much by default. And once they have you on your own, well, they don't look as sane as they did back in the three/four way convo... :)
Wouldn't "weirdo" be one of those exceptions to the 'i before e except after c' rule?
Which is why I put it in quotes because that is how Hyma spelt it.
stu

I've got one from the TV Ark forum who keeps nagging me to send tv themes and PC games and stuff like that through MSN - and he keeps sending really patronising emails asking when "I" would be online to talk about tv themes, and he also claims to have a life outside of computers.

"Only on the internet!"
mr smuf

There seems to be quite a large number of these type of people who quite frankly make me worry. Over the past few months this year, I've had at least 3 different people asking that I send them radio jingles, even though I don't collect them or indeed have any interest in. And a few friends have also had people asking them they send radio jingles to them by email. :roll:
rob

the infamous craig a wanted to put me on my list. I blocked him though, and there's a few others as well on my list who look a bit suspicious, but as I've just changed my MSN address I really should get rid of some of them :D
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
James Martin

yeah he's pmed someone else to pm me asking for his address. Obviously he's not gettin it.
Anonymous

Could this be criaga from Tvf (aka criag from TV Ark) because he is constantly annoying asking for central news themes and he asks, "do i know how to convert mp3 to real player?" :x
rob

Oh yes, that's the bastard.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
russnet

Lee Bedwood anyone?

I think the name says it all for those who have come across him.
Cheese Head
Banned

I got this random guy that added me and only said he'd tell me who he was if I won a game of checkers with him. By then I failed and got bored with this fake-plasticy character. He still refused to tell me who he was then he blocked me...
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to