Isn't Morrisons a pile of crap

Pete

Right then - now my local Safeway is being made into a Safeway Compact as they can't be bothered to revamp it properly. However I do have a local morrisonsified store and there is plenty of their stuff in SC.

All their veg is appauling, it has no flavour whatsoever and just looks grotty. The boiled ham and other meat is chewy and tasteless and the cheese is vastly inferior to Safeway's old stuff.

They may be lowering prices but the stuff in Kiwk Save is now tastier than their food. This coupled with the stingy attitude of head office that won't let them give old mushy fruit to the primary school for them to watch the plants grow and of course the ridiculous action of taking bags off the end of the checkouts making everything slower is just really putting me off the whole shop.

I always said it would be bad news when Morrisons took over and I'm being proved right.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
MarkN

Hymagumba wrote:Right then - now my local Safeway is being made into a Safeway Compact
Or:
"Smaller stores aren't worth the bother, so put up a 'Compact' sign and don't bother cutting prices"

-----

It seems that my local Safeway is too large and profitable for Wm Morrison to ignore - it's getting the "big 80s yellow sign" treatment later this year.
Sput

MarkN wrote:it's getting the "big 80s yellow sign" treatment later this year.
It's becoming a Netto?
fusionlad

One of my local Safeway stores was the first to be rebranded as Safeway Megastore, with a £7 million conversion. It's a huge store for the area and sells a hell of a lot of stuff. It also has a big restaurant area with various 'Food to Go' outlets.

It's also seen as quite upmarket compared to some of the other stores in the area.

People down here too, are worried about what will happen once they get the big yellow and brown sign on the front

Blob

The thing I hate about Morrisons is the Tacky Market Street signs like The Hen Hut and Provisions. And I also hate the yellow lighting they use as well, feels really old fasioned.
nwtv2003

I work for Morrisons and I don't believe it is crap.

Well that's only because you're all ex-Safeway, which is quite difficult to revamp into a Morrisons, yes it is more down market but it still provides a good service.

I can just see now that Morrisons won't be popular in the South.
TVDragon

nwtv2003 wrote:I work for Morrisons and I don't believe it is crap.

Well that's only because you're all ex-Safeway, which is quite difficult to revamp into a Morrisons, yes it is more down market but it still provides a good service.

I can just see now that Morrisons won't be popular in the South.
Is this the Warrington one, with the weird spinning things in the carpark?

Anyway let's be fair, morrisons can never be as poor as kwik save -- I won't go into one of those since I worked one summer in a call centre and saw some of the complaints about them. Vile. Mind you, morrisons' pastie counter is a bit grim.

In fact the only thing morrisons seem to care about it bananas -- all being carefully hooked up individually. And I don't like bananas.

To make it in the south, morrisons need an in-store activity, like asda's egg button. Get people involved.
MarkN

Sput wrote:
MarkN wrote:it's getting the "big 80s yellow sign" treatment later this year.
It's becoming a Netto?
No - it's changing from this:
Image (usually minus green background)

...to this:
Square Eyes

TVDragon wrote: To make it in the south, morrisons need an in-store activity, like asda's egg button. Get people involved.
Ah yes, the asda's egg button. For years I went in there, happily pressing that button, then one week there was no cluck - the asda chicken had died. I went off eggs. :cry:
Fireboy

Morrisons annoys me. I didn't like much of Safeways food but the few things I did like have been withdrawn now. Newcastle's Greenmarket Safeway Compact now has higher prices than ever. Ironic it being right next to two markets which are dirt cheap.
Fireboy

Square Eyes wrote:
TVDragon wrote: To make it in the south, morrisons need an in-store activity, like asda's egg button. Get people involved.
Ah yes, the asda's egg button. For years I went in there, happily pressing that button, then one week there was no cluck - the asda chicken had died. I went off eggs. :cry:
Do any Asda branches still have the Milk button? Gateshead's has been missing for a while.