Isn't Morrisons a pile of crap

nwtv2003

cat wrote:Out of interest... didn't Sainsbury's buy up some existing Safeway stores because of competition problems? Does anyone know of a Sainsbury's store replacing a Safeway one, because I've not seen any.
Well Morrisons had to sell the following off as they were told to by the Office of Fair trading:

Disposals to Sainsburys: Chafford Hundred, Cramlington, Darlington, Grantham, Heaton, Lytham St Annes, Mansfield, Ripon, Scarborough, Scunthorpe, Spalding, Tadcaster, Team Valley and Whitehouse Farm

There is also a list of stores that are being sold to Waitrose.
cwathen

Disposals to Sainsburys: Chafford Hundred, Cramlington, Darlington, Grantham, Heaton, Lytham St Annes, Mansfield, Ripon, Scarborough, Scunthorpe, Spalding, Tadcaster, Team Valley and Whitehouse Farm
Morrisons plugged Ripon as one of the first stores to be 'converted' on the last page - so it's about to be rebranded again then to Sainsbury's?
James Martin

Unless there were two Safeways there or something?
Chris

nwtv2003 wrote:I know it is a bit stupid for this thread to be revived as it hasn't been in use for 2 and a half months, but anyway, whilst working today I picked us this magazine that is bullshitting about how great the Morrisons/Safeway takeover is, but I've scanned in a pic to show you what will happen to your Safeways....

If you can't read it, to sum it up it means the big stores will have the full range, the medium ones will have as much as possible, and Safeway Compact will remain, though if you can read the bottom it says that they would be happy to change it to a Morrisons if it was possible.

Plus the picture sums up the feeling... :roll:

And they've merged the company magazines, even the old Morrisons staff magazine looked better! :lol:
My eyes, my eyes! Too much yellow! :lol:

Morissons looks as naff as ever I'm afraid. The photo on the front cover of that magazine just screams of cheesyness. I'm not sure if it's the uniform or the big grin on that bloke's face.

And the thing about getting rid of the Safeway brand and replacing it with this tar and sun colour with 80's style logo and font doesn't do much good either.
Inspector Sands

Can't see the problem myself

Where I live there are 2 medium-sized Safeways and a bit further away a big Morrisons, yes despite being in London it's always been a Morrisons(!)

I've been to a few up north too and think they're great, although I've only been to huge Morrisons stores. My only complaint is that some stuff I used to buy in Safeways is now not there any more - they've been discontinued..... and some that do still exsist are in diffrent packaging and I can't find them!
Spencer For Hire

James Martin wrote:Unless there were two Safeways there or something?
There was a small Morrisons in the centre of Ripon, and a big Safeway on the outskirts. They're selling off the small store, whilst the big one has become Morrisons.

Whilst Morrisons is rather tacky and 80s, I recently switched to shopping there after having gone to Sainsburys for ages. Our weekly shopping bill for two of us reduced from about £80 per week to about £60, and I don't feel like we're eating any worse for it. So for the sake of over £1000 per year, I'm quite happy to put up with the yellow tack.

PS. Hello everyone!
Inspector Sands

Same in Lincoln, there's a big Morrisons on one side of town and a large Safeways on the other. The Safeways is becoming a Waitrose
Blob from TVForum

Inspector Sands wrote:Same in Lincoln, there's a big Morrisons on one side of town and a large Safeways on the other. The Safeways is becoming a Waitrose
Ooo, Posh
fusionlad I KNOW MY SIG IS BROKEN
Spencer For Hire

The Harrogate Safeway has already become a Waitrose - the first of their stores in the North... although most people in Harrogate seem to think the town's somewhere in Surrey!
fusionlad

Blob from TVForum wrote:
Inspector Sands wrote:Same in Lincoln, there's a big Morrisons on one side of town and a large Safeways on the other. The Safeways is becoming a Waitrose
Ooo, Posh
And too expensive!
James Martin

That girl on the left's fit though.