Lunar Eclipse

rts

Has anyone else got a lovely red-glowing horizon tonight?
Cheese Head
Banned

Lunar Eclipse ? Is that why my sky is a nice tinted red.

If it wasnt so cloudy id take some pretty pictures. Im a bit annoyed that I dont have any coloured filters for my camera, they wouldve made it look amazing.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Pete

Well thanks to late sunset and clouds I saw nowt. Ah well, they come round pretty often.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

I only posted this quickly before my bath and was not expecting such a quick response, lol. But yes, very nice indeed.
Aston

rts wrote:I only posted this quickly before my bath and was not expecting such a quick response, lol. But yes, very nice indeed.
Thanks, always good to know all about your hygiene routine...
Katherine

Well it's a marvellous night for a moondance, With the stars up above in your eyes... A fantabulous night to make romance, 'neath the cover of cool April skies...... tra la laaaaaaaa......

My luck's been in in a MAJORLY IMPRESSIVE way in Boston, south Lincolnshire!! Mum, Dad and I went eclipse chasing (to the fenland surrounding Boston. No light pollution at all) as the skies were clearer than I dared hope given the forecasts. And Boy, were we rewarded!! A BRILLIANT coral-pink red moon with NO CLOUDS obscuring the spectacle! WHOOPEE!!

It's been totally PERFECT conditions for the eclipse!! Nearly all of it has been visible, skies nice and clear!!!! I can see it beautifully through the window right from where I am sitting. It has almost been totally lit up now....

WHAT a FAN-BLINKING-TASTIC eclipse this has been!! I am sitting here enjoying 'Moondance' by Van Morrison to celebrate the second-best thing nature gives us. The only thing better is a total solar eclipse....... Here's to October, when the next one will be!!
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
rts

Aston wrote:
rts wrote:I only posted this quickly before my bath and was not expecting such a quick response, lol. But yes, very nice indeed.
Thanks, always good to know all about your hygiene routine...
I'm happy to go into greater detail if you want.
nwtv2003

All I am going to say that Granada Weather's Jon Mitchell is a lying git!

We didn't see a thing tonight, I've been looking at the window for hours tonight.

Though I remember we've had something like this before and it gave a very nice view of the sky, plus we had something red, can't remember what though.
Anonymous

Katherine wrote:Well it's a marvellous night for a moondance, With the stars up above in your eyes... A fantabulous night to make romance, 'neath the cover of cool April skies...... tra la laaaaaaaa......

My luck's been in in a MAJORLY IMPRESSIVE way in Boston, south Lincolnshire!! Mum, Dad and I went eclipse chasing (to the fenland surrounding Boston. No light pollution at all) as the skies were clearer than I dared hope given the forecasts. And Boy, were we rewarded!! A BRILLIANT coral-pink red moon with NO CLOUDS obscuring the spectacle! WHOOPEE!!

It's been totally PERFECT conditions for the eclipse!! Nearly all of it has been visible, skies nice and clear!!!! I can see it beautifully through the window right from where I am sitting. It has almost been totally lit up now....

WHAT a FAN-BLINKING-TASTIC eclipse this has been!! I am sitting here enjoying 'Moondance' by Van Morrison to celebrate the second-best thing nature gives us. The only thing better is a total solar eclipse....... Here's to October, when the next one will be!!
I'm laughing at the thought of two old biddies driving along the country roads, in a cronky A-reg, gold-coloured Volvo estate, peering up at the sky with their 20-something year old daughter bouncing around with excitement on the backseat like a hyperactive Golden Retriever. :lol:
Boughton

Who says they'll be old biddies? They might just be in their mid forties, you know - of course that probably seems ancient to you, but just wait - before you know it you'll be that age!