Ahhh My flat is flooded!

Anonymous

I came home and my mum had a bucket and trying to stop the water from getting in to the flat( The flood was caused by the Heavy Downpour yesterday.) And all of the blocks got soaked in the flooding :(

It ruined the expensive carpet :( by the way it was 8 inches deep :shock:

and ruined the living room, bathrooom, kitchen.
rts

Barrett wrote:by the way it was 8 inches deep :shock:
And what did you measure that with ;)
Anonymous

I've never had to measure anything as long as eight inches, so I can't imagine.
Martin

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Barrett.

One other thing, can we not lower the tone in every thread with this kind of thing.
Anonymous

Sorry Martin. And sorry about your flat Barrett.
cat

Serves you right for being stupid enough to buy a house on a floodplain.
Pete

c@t wrote:Serves you right for being stupid enough to buy a house on a floodplain.
I agree - you should have bought a yacht instead.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

Hymagumba wrote:
c@t wrote:Serves you right for being stupid enough to buy a house on a floodplain.
I agree - you should have bought a yacht instead.
Is that just a general, and appropriate comment, is there something more to that, Pete? I only ask because a mate of mine has the username 'and then we all bought yachts...' - And I have not been asked to ask him, no.
Pete

rts wrote:Is that just a general, and appropriate comment, is there something more to that, Pete? I only ask because a mate of mine has the username 'and then we all bought yachts...' - And I have not been asked to ask him, no.
what are you waffling on about now Roderick?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

Hymagumba wrote:
rts wrote:Is that just a general, and appropriate comment, is there something more to that, Pete? I only ask because a mate of mine has the username 'and then we all bought yachts...' - And I have not been asked to ask him, no.
what are you waffling on about now Roderick?
I'll get my coat.
Katherine

Bringing eccentric politics to this thread for a moment, myself and my fellow members of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party have a policy on floodplains and the like:
Under a Loony government any prospective home purchaser be issued with a full description of such dictionary terms as 'floodplain', 'coastal erosion' and 'exposed headland'. This will save time explaining why they have no house anymore after nature takes charge of the environment.

In addition to this policy, building on floodplains in future will be restricted to large houseboats with recoiling tethers like dog leads. These houses will be able to float up with the floodwater and land safely again in the same place when the water subsides.

Would this improve matters?
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!