Where to holiday?

andyrew

The DG has finally granted me a weeks leave, but I now have to decide and book a holiday in the next couple of days, as my week off starts this weekend.

Any ideas where I should go (I must point out that him indoors wants to pay, so no expense spared LOL)? It is only a week so can't travel too far, and not too keen on USA as been quite a lot in recent years. Was looking at Dubai, was v close to booking the Burj Al Arab, but I think it's full next week, plus it's a bit OTT, next year maybe.

Sitges is favourite with bf currently, but I want something a bit more exciting, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Just realised, upon my return, I'll have only 3 more weeks working at TVC :shock: :cry:
Aston

Would deffo reccomend New York, but then realise that you've already been there :lol:
DJGM

My suggestion . . . Puerto de la Cruz, an extremely underrated, but excellent resort on the north side of Tenerife.

For accomodation, I would recommend either the Apartamentos Casablanca, or Hotel Dania Park Magec complex.
rts

Me and some mateys are off to Crete after our exams. We got a pretty good deal with it, and although I have not been yet obviously, it looks pretty good...
cat

Egypt, Croatia, the Azores (these islands were virtually unknown, my little secret, until nob heads decided to hold a war summit on there), Lebanon (no, really), India, Japan.

I would say that having done Western culture to death, I'd pick Tokyo. But then you only have a week, so probably Egypt because there's actually not that much to see.

Plus, in Egypt it is so hot that all the boys are walking round with their clothes off.
cat

Oh, Iceland.... or one of the Scandinavian countries.

Or even Russia.
Aston

rts wrote:Me and some mateys are off to Crete after our exams. We got a pretty good deal with it, and although I have not been yet obviously, it looks pretty good...
Surely a reason to avoid a place? I certainly would if it was full of A Level students ;)
rts

Aston wrote:
rts wrote:Me and some mateys are off to Crete after our exams. We got a pretty good deal with it, and although I have not been yet obviously, it looks pretty good...
Surely a reason to avoid a place? I certainly would if it was full of A Level students ;)
Bloody good point ;)
DAS

I'm with c@t, go to Russia. Especially at this time of year - the earlier, the better really.
Pete

North Korea - tape and cap the newreading woman for me while you're there - she is SOOO FAB.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Neil Jones

How about we all go to Hyma's house?