The School Report...

MrTomServo

I always got very personal and descriptive statements from my teachers on my report cards:

Martin

MrTomServo wrote:I always got very personal and descriptive statements from my teachers on my report cards:

:roll: Is that all the comments you would get? :o
noelfirl

Martin wrote:
MrTomServo wrote:I always got very personal and descriptive statements from my teachers on my report cards:

Mine used to be like that too, nine or ten numbers, lazy teachers just selected the one most appropriate. They would range from "Excellent student" and "Working well" to "Dissapointing result" and "Needs to consider attempting ordinary level".
markyboi

How very impersonal
Martin

noelfirl wrote:
Martin wrote:

Mine used to be like that too, nine or ten numbers, lazy teachers just selected the one most appropriate. They would range from "Excellent student" and "Working well" to "Dissapointing result" and "Needs to consider attempting ordinary level".
Interesting. Certainly makes me feel a bit more gratefull for mine!
I noticed though from looking through my old reports that the older you got the smaller the comments box became. Ideal for slack teachers. :roll:
DAS

My mind's wondering what actually went on in MrTom's lessons.
nwtv2003

I had a look through my Y11 one and I couldn't find much other than one of our really shit Biology teacher who wrote generic reports, as everyone else now matter how good or bad they were had the same, there was one from my dead history teacher and I've uploaded this one, my Physics one, as my teacher has his views about me, but frankly I didn't really give a toss about Physics, but I came out of it with a C.

Here's my predicted... :roll:

And my actual report

cwathen

I always got very personal and descriptive statements from my teachers on my report cards:
Perhaps a negative effect of increased computerisation?

I remember that at the time I started my secondary school in the early 90's, the reports took the form of an individual A5 page for every subject, 90% of which was available (and more often than not, used to the full) for the teacher to write (yes, write, in longhand, with a pen) a fairly descriptive overview of your performance. There were then other similar pages for your form tutor and head of year to write their comments too (and we had to write our own statements about how we thought school was going for reasons I've never worked out). The whole thing when assembled had about 15 pages in it and took quite a bit of reading, and thus provided a very complete, personally written picture of your performance.

When I finally left the establishment 7 years later, reports had been slimmed down to a single A4 sheet, mainly consisting of 10-15 different categories on which you could be graded, and with a small box for comments which I later found out were pre-written comments pulled out of a statement bank.

I know which format I think was better...
rob

My school reports were excellent, especially in Music...
Rob is one of the most talented musicians I have taught
and in ICT...
Rob is highly skilled in all areas of ICT
Well, I was pleased...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
cdd

Interesting!
Pete

I think mine read something like

"Peter is very fab - he is the best person in the world and quite frankly the BBC should employ him at once so he can put into practice his views on tea making."
"He has to be larger than bacon"