James Martin

God no!

At least I still have the weekends! I don't really have much of the week to myself anymore. Also the weekend is a big going out time and the leisure industry will be very crippled. I don't see why shops can't open on Sunday evening personally but I wouldn't like it very much if I worked in one.

A seven-day society would really change a lot of things. The way the media operates, (TV and radio is different at the weekend) pubs, clubs, leisure stuff in general, markets, loads of stuff!
cdd

I don't think having different days to everyone else off is so bad. Everywhere would be less crowded. If you were able to pick and choose your days off to match your friends' days off, it would be perfect!
TVDragon

Must admit I did used to enjoy working Sunday night to Thursday night. I had no use for Sundays anyway, and there was something wickedly pleasurable in being tucked up in bed at 8am on a Monday morning, already having done one day's work of the week, whilst most of the country were in the process of dragging themselves into the traffic jam of their choice.

Felt like a three-day weekend too.

Nowadays I have most Mondays off -- because they are a bit rubbish, let's be fair.
rob

There may be no real reasoning to it but I'm not sure it will completely happen. I personally think that the Sunday laws are fine at the moment and should not be removed. I wouldn't like this to happen and I think a lot of people probably would object to it.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Ed Hammond

Can't imagine that happening, ever, where I work. I can see the sense only for factories etc where keeping the lines running makes economic sense - although when I used to work at a (24hr) factory the lines used to go off at 10pm Friday and not go back on until 10pm Sunday, so...

I don't see the point in anything other than the basic service and leisure industries operating on Sundays - ie, hotels, cinemas, restaurants, pubs, small shops. Saturdays I'm a little more flexible with!