Disaster

Snu

tvmercia wrote:
c@t wrote:Oh go away.

I hate people who try to make people feel happy by saying "get a grip".

Wankers.

Anyway, to make things worse, my red face now has to leave the house to go to my local BP garage down the road and by some throat stuff because i'm getting a really sore throat.

Tomorrow is going to be fun.
get a grip
Can I get a grip???

Please?

Its been a while...
I say it only because I'm good looking...
cat

Well I haven't gone yet, and don't know whether I will because I don't want to walk all that way and i'm not sure my legs can cope.
fusionlad

Can I add my name to the list of people who currently not too happy? Ta!

Regulars will know why. I always seem to come out my shell at work, but that seems the only place recently. I think I might even start doing the dreaded 'O' word..... 'Overtime.

Nah wait the weekend is coming.... more getting drunk, dancing, and a recent fixation with poppers. :roll:
Pete

I think we should start monthly forum grips so we can all get a grip at a regular interval.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
James Martin

Isonstine wrote:My mate says he loves me, I've tried and failed to meet someone twice...who keeps cancelling on me for no other reason that he's a TIMEWASTER.

I'm not going to my usual quiz of the week because my mate will be there and I don't want to face him. It's not right.

And on top of all that, I'm trying to support my chronically depressed brother who has just spilt up with his girlfriend..who happens to work in the same office that me and him work. He ended it, but its not gone well.

Still, there's always someone worse off eh? :shock: :cry:
BINGO! I was trying to work out the riddle in your blog too :D

I hate timewasters - they suck big style and I've had my fair share of them throughout the years. You don't need them in your life James, flush 'em out - that's what I did and I came out far better on the other side.

As to your brother - I've seen that situation happen many a time in our Sixth Form and I agree, it's horrible, but even more so when you have to see each other every day. Obviously he had his reasons for finishing it and he needs to keep remind reminding himself why he finished it. If he does that it does ease the pain a little - while it may have short-term problems, it will work out better in the long run. And why stay in something you're not happy with?

If I were him I'd bugger off somewhere for a week so that he can clear his head a bit.

But at the end of the day, shit is something that happens, and there's not a lot one can do about it apart from ride it out. Things WILL get better - even if it doesn't seem like it now. You've had a bad time generally - university not working out, then being unhappy in your job at Safeway and it's no surprise you are feeling the way you are doing. I know that I would be throwing objects around and breaking stuff if I were in your shoes right now.

You felt shit when you quit Cov Uni, yeah? Well remember you hoped it would have bee the right thing in the long run - and it was. You've got a stable job which you now admit you enjoy (though I can imagine if there's tension in your office right now) and that's come out in the wash.

Things do get better but these things need time. Wait and you will recieve.

I hope this is of conoslation to you both.
Neil Jones

Flava wrote:I hate timewasters - they suck big style and I've had my fair share of them throughout the years. You don't need them in your life James, flush 'em out - that's what I did and I came out far better on the other side.
:evil: Read PMs please.
I hope this is of conoslation to you both.
"consolation" is the correct spelling. Kindly learn how to spell it properly or do not use it at all.
James Martin

You're going to tell me I'm a fine one to offer relationship advice now aren't you Neil?

Well I actually have finished a relationship before - when the other one didn't want to - so I have a damn good idea how James' brother must feel.

You took my timewaster comment out of context. I apologise about the tape but I guess my interest in Crossroads has waned.

And in this context we're talking about potential boyfriends wasting time. Ison is being dragged down by love he doesn't want.

Maybe you could spare a thought for Ison rather than walking around with your head up your ass like you're stuffing a turkey.
iSon

I am happy to report to you that I bit the bullet and went down the quiz with my brother. I just went to my quiz mates - including the *mate* and just announced "the quiz saviour is here..." - OK we came last but that's totally beyond the point.

I realised that I was feeling awful because I was beating myself up about it. Reunited with some of my closest friends made me realise how stupid I've been. Still, life aint perfect - but I've found out that there's always an answer. And this answer came out of the blue as I just decided to go down the quiz and sit down. It worked.

Although bizarrely, I smoked a few fags tonight...which I haven't done in a long time. I can offer no reasonable explanation, apart from the fact I was on doubles at the quiz to make up for lost time!
Good Lord!
James Martin

Well done to both of you - trying to go on as normally as possible can sometimes actually help! Don't know if your brother's ex frequents the quiz but it's a good idea to just bloody well face the music!
Neil Jones

Flava wrote:You're going to tell me I'm a fine one to offer relationship advice now aren't you Neil?
Did I say that?
You took my timewaster comment out of context. I apologise about the tape but I guess my interest in Crossroads has waned.
Okay, if you want to do this on the forum. That is not the point. The point was you wasted my time re: that tape and didn't have the decency to tell me that you were not interested in it any longer. Not even when I kept reminding you. That is my gripe.
Maybe you could spare a thought for Ison rather than walking around with your head up your ass like you're stuffing a turkey.
I have said nothing about Ison, which is why I took this matter to the PM system in the first place :roll:
rts

Ironically I had a seminar on stress in this mornings PSHE period. The Deputy Head also emailed everyone the following:

Stress Management Seminar.

The following websites offer useful advice in managing stress.

http://www.isma.org.uk/index.htm

http://www.depressionalliance.org/Contents/student.htm

http://www.depressionalliance.org/Contents/student.htm

http://www.lifebytes.gov.uk/index_flash.html

http://www.childline.org.uk/

http://www.mindbodyandsole.com/stress/question.html