The National Lottery

Are there too many National Lottery draws?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 10
Brad

I remember, when I were a wee lad, there was one Saturday draw a week. I usually took part every week with my numbers which if I do the lottery today, I still use. But now, there are just far far too many draws. Twice weekly one, Thunderball, Lotto Extra (don't you need ALL numbers to win anything? What a waste of a pound!) Euro Millions and this stupid Daily Play or Daily No-one Plays as it should be known. Every morning after Breakfast News the numbers are revealed and everyday "early indications show there were no jackpot winners." Why? Because no-one bothers with it! So, do you play the Lottery still? If so which draws?

I've been looking into the Irish Lottery lately. I took part in a free entry from the paper a while back and got a phone call the other week from "The European Lottery Guild" which I just dismissed as a cold call, and said no thank you. However, a few days later I recieve an information pack about the Irish Lottery in the post that I'd sent off for and at the top of the letter are the words "European Lottery Guild" and later on "we will telephone big winners with news of their jackpot win."
I wonder if I'm sitting on some money here. There's no contact phone number, no website either... It's all very mysterious. TIP: Don't hang up on a cold call until you're certain is IS a cold call. ;)
"That one!"
Pete

Well you've hit on two subjects there really.

Camelot wise they should bring it back down to one game, "Lotto" and possibly even just the Saturday draw. Plus I remember when there was just one type of scratchcard too, they need to get shot of half of them. Then the main jackpot will get more players, the prize will go up and therefore more people will enter.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
nwtv2003

I have never played and I don't intend to, but at the time when it launched in 1994 everyone played it and the whole feeling of it was very great, as it was only the one game, at the time the highlight of their Saturday (Sad I know), but within a couple of years people gave it up and it started to launch loads of other games that made it even more annoying. Though when I am working on a Saturday there's still usually long queues at the Lottery desk.

Though my friend usually plays it and after the third time he won £10 which wasn't too bad.