My problem... built into IE? Spyware?

Big Brother

Hello,

I've run around 4 different spyware tools. Norton AntiVirus does a full system scan daily at around 1/2am. I myself let Pandasoftware.com scan every other day or when I remember.

However my problem still exists. New IE windows open up when I'm not using IE. 3 or 4 Windows open up and take me to various pages when I'm in IE. And most annoyingly is the picture you can view below. A HUGE adbanner space appears on any page at random times.

http://www.hedgehogonline.com/desk.gif - This example is of when I logged into Faceparty.

It happens on any site at any time? Anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers
Ian.
Pete

1 - do you have a program open which is using MSHTML such as realplayer?
2 - have you updated the definitions in your spyware program?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Stuart

It looks like a typical GAIN advert - opening a popup on a (supposedly) related subject.

Have you installed something which comes with GAIN (unfortunately the free version of the Divx pro codec does this)

Stuart
Big Brother

See I've closed everything in Task Manager so it's only the essential things, i.e System Processes. Firewall- Anti-Virus.... still the same. I've used online spyware scanners. Everything is uptodate... yet nothing removes it lol!
mr smuf

Hmmmm, it's not the new Matilla virus is it? Sounds like it given that you only have system processes, firewall etc running. You may find you're problems are just beginning if this is the case because it will eventually not even allow IE to open up, even after complete re-install.
Big Brother

Em well if it's new I doubt it. I've had this problem since way before Christmas.