Why are people offended by swearwords?

andyrew

I don't swear much at all, maybe when I've had a few, but that's about all. I make my friends roll around laughing when I do, as its so seldom it doesn't sound right.

I don't mind people swearing, but do find those who use expletives every third word revolting. Usually ugly too. However, I am lucky that I do not have any friends who are like that, I have only seen these thing on Trisha (did I tell you about the photo I saw of her with her boobs out at a party? Not a pretty sight, enough to make you swear!)
Chris

I am lucky that I do not have any friends who are like that, I have only seen these thing on Trisha (did I tell you about the photo I saw of her with her boobs out at a party? Not a pretty sight, enough to make you swear!)
No? Do tell us.... ;)
Anonymous

I've never seen why people get that offended by sware words. I don't sware that much myself but I have always wondered who decided these words were swear words.

Afterall back in Shakespears time phrases such as "You have a faqce like a Warthog" where more offensive than f*ck or b*ll*cks.

I have censored those words myself as I don't feel the need to write them fully people know what they are.

To be honest most swear words are just every day words with letters either added or one or two letters changed for example...

C*nt = Hunt or Punt
F*ck = Duck, Puck, Buck, Luck, Tuck
B*rstard = Plastered, Mastered
B*ll*cks = Pollock (jackson)
Sh*t = Hit, Pit, Lit
P*ss = Miss, Hiss
W*nker= Banker
T*ts= Hits, Sits

By the way i have never considered twat a swear word as I have always known it to mean that some body was an idiot & not a private part of the female body. Afterall they used to use it in the Beano & Dandy (although it was spelt Thwat.