Adobe Audition - file save problem

Chris

In Adobe Audition, whenever I save a file as an ACM waveform, instead of it being compressed with whatever codec I have chosen in the box (see screenshot below for example) I get a full CD quality uncompressed wave file which is absolutely massive in some cases.

How do I fix this rather annoying problem?

Gavin Scott
Admin

I'm not sure I follow. Uncompressed wav files *are* hideously large. Why do you want them uncompressed?
Chris

Gavin Scott wrote:I'm not sure I follow. Uncompressed wav files *are* hideously large. Why do you want them uncompressed?
Sorry if I've not been clear enough but I am trying to save it as an ACM waveform. An ACM is not like your standard uncompressed wave as it is compressed using one of the codecs in that dropdown box as shown in the screenshot.

Now whenever I try and save it using any codec in that list it does not save it as a waveform conpressed with one of those ACM codecs but as a standard uncompressed wave file which as you say is hideously large. It's not meant to do that - it is meant to save as a wave file compressed with one of those ACM codecs.

How do I get it to behave as it should?
SteveL

Forgive me if I've missed something, but what's to stop you just saving it as a compressed *.mp3 file?
Chris

SteveL wrote:Forgive me if I've missed something, but what's to stop you just saving it as a compressed *.mp3 file?
Because I want to save it to a different format e.g. MPEG2 or ATRAC
Neil Jones

I thought MPEG2 was a video compression codec? I was going to say it's very good until I found out its pixellated up my new site videos :evil:

Or do you mean MP2? :?: