Quick - I'm going to New York tomorrow, where should i go?

nwtv2003

Marcus wrote:
nwtv2003 wrote: Learn to use public transport too, we walked everywhere and it killed my legs literally.
I don't think u mean that
OK, I don't mean that, but I did feel very tired.

Take something to read too, we went in 2001 and on our BA Flight, all we had was 'Planet of the Apes', loads of boring crap, looping radio stations and the first half of an episode of Happy Days, the one where the Fonz gets his tonsils removed.

If you go in The Empire State Building, the lifts go up VERY fast.
Anonymous

nwtv2003 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
nwtv2003 wrote: Learn to use public transport too, we walked everywhere and it killed my legs literally.
I don't think u mean that

Take something to read too, we went in 2001 and on our BA Flight, all we had was 'Planet of the Apes', loads of boring crap, looping radio stations and the first half of an episode of Happy Days, the one where the Fonz gets his tonsils removed.

You should of flown Virgin Atlantic it has ur own personal TV
nwtv2003

Barrett wrote:
nwtv2003 wrote:
Marcus wrote: I don't think u mean that

You should of flown Virgin Atlantic it has ur own personal TV
I wish we did, but we didn't have a big budget, plus we had booked with Media Travel, the company that always advertised on GMTV. On the way back to Manchester it wasn't too bad, as there was America's Sweethearts, a sports programme, BBC News from BBC World, Friends (The thanksgiving episode from Series 6), Will and Grace and I think The Vicar of Dibley as well. But as we were landing at 6am we had breakfast, which consisted of an awful bannana muffin.

Though if we flew Club or Business we could have got bigger seats and TV's that have a second channel on them.

We went to spain with Britannia a few years ago and that had a very good TV service, can't remember exactly but there was Japser Carrott, Back To the Front which was very good.
martindtanderson

I'm off on Thursday to New York, what do you recomend for a good time there on the cheap, and remember I am only 19, and not experienced enough to go on the pull in any gay bars...
andyrew

You're all fuckin* wossies. OK here's the deal. Yes, been to NY 3 times in 1 year, know it better than London. As c@t says, by Ipod, sell for more. Makes sense? Yes, I fly Concorde but now bastards make me fly slower. Gay clubs that are fab: Thearpy, around 52 on 9th. Grab a bite to eat at Rosey O'Grady's first, 52 on 7th. All out partying: Splash on 17 between 6 and 7. Learn to use subway, can't go wrong. NY tis my fave city despite working in London. Go there enough to feel like a local.

What more can I say? Visit my baby, G-BOAD who has retired to the USS Invincible museum.
tvmercia

andyrew wrote:You're all fuckin* wossies. OK here's the deal. Yes, been to NY 3 times in 1 year, know it better than London. As c@t says, by Ipod, sell for more. Makes sense? Yes, I fly Concorde but now bastards make me fly slower. Gay clubs that are fab: Thearpy, around 52 on 9th. Grab a bite to eat at Rosey O'Grady's first, 52 on 7th. All out partying: Splash on 17 between 6 and 7. Learn to use subway, can't go wrong. NY tis my fave city despite working in London. Go there enough to feel like a local.

What more can I say? Visit my baby, G-BOAD who has retired to the USS Invincible museum.
so thats where my licence fee is going.

and to think all you do is press "play" on a old video recorder and the rest of your working day consists of reading heat, take a break and people's friend :roll:
Martin

Lol, they always say in-fighting within the BBC is bad :P
Gavin Scott
Admin

martindtanderson wrote:I'm off on Thursday to New York, what do you recomend for a good time there on the cheap, and remember I am only 19, and not experienced enough to go on the pull in any gay bars...
Experienced or not you must be 21 to go to bars.

In fact, (from my experience) what they say is, "If you don't look 30 you will be asked for ID".
martindtanderson

Yea I'm aware of the age limit on drinking, wasnt aware it extended to just being in the clubs. Oh well...
Big Brother

martindtanderson wrote:I'm off on Thursday to New York, what do you recomend for a good time there on the cheap, and remember I am only 19, and not experienced enough to go on the pull in any gay bars...
Oh Martin Anderson you make me chuckle. Pull. You just go there, get pissed then pull... so be it if the guy ends up back at yours or you end up at his..... Oh me in my prime.... just before Christmas ROFL!

Seriously I hate doing it now, it can be fun but it's gotten to the stage where I'd rather be having more than a pull and quickie on a drunken night lol.

I have no idea why I told that story.
Anonymous

andyrew wrote:You're all fuckin* wossies. OK here's the deal. Yes, been to NY 3 times in 1 year, know it better than London. As c@t says, by Ipod, sell for more. Makes sense? Yes, I fly Concorde but now bastards make me fly slower. Gay clubs that are fab: Thearpy, around 52 on 9th. Grab a bite to eat at Rosey O'Grady's first, 52 on 7th. All out partying: Splash on 17 between 6 and 7. Learn to use subway, can't go wrong. NY tis my fave city despite working in London. Go there enough to feel like a local.

Calm Down Mate :lol: :lol: LOL