Quick - I'm going to New York tomorrow, where should i go?

martindtanderson

The NBC Tour was boring and short, you would of expected more from a TV Company who claims they are so big.

Oh I've changed my avatar, to show of my new do outside the NBC News Building.
andyrew

I did the NBC tour in Burbank a few years ago, that was pretty dull stuff. Got to go in the Jay Leno studio - big wow. Hence avoided the NY tour expecting an even tamer version.

Of course, you can't beat a TVC tour, even I've done one of those (for research reasons of course!)
nwtv2003

andyrew wrote:I did the NBC tour in Burbank a few years ago, that was pretty dull stuff. Got to go in the Jay Leno studio - big wow. Hence avoided the NY tour expecting an even tamer version.

Of course, you can't beat a TVC tour, even I've done one of those (for research reasons of course!)
I've been on the NBC Tour and it wasn't too bad, but some of it was closed, though we visited the MSNBC studio, NBC Sports and the gallery where Saturday Night Live is done at. The NBC Shop was alright, we got to sit in the huge cinerama HDTV thing room and that wasn't too bad. Though if all of it was open we could have seen the Conan O'Brien set, but we didn't :(, but no matter what NYC is a great city.
martindtanderson

I am still hoping to do the BBC TVC Tour one of these days.

We saw the Nightly News studio, we looked down on the tonight show set, and then the HDTV theater. Thats it!

I was most disappointed!
Larry Scutta

Aston wrote: :arrow: Talk to people - I didn't get much of a chance, but didn't quite get the feeling I was properly away until I'd spoken to some "proper" Americans.
Quite agree, I seemed to pick up the habit of talking to complete strangers while out there..... mainly locals in bars, but also old ladies from Finchely at the top of the Empire State!
martindtanderson

As we were going from the airport to the hotel in New Jersey, at about 1:30am. A man on the subway started a conversation and helped us find our way around the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The thing is, this guy was deaf, and as hard as it was for us to 'talk' to one another, I will always remember how kind he was.

I always thought most New Yorker's were rude, unhelpful, and to beware of theives, so I was pleasently surprised!