Quick - I'm going to New York tomorrow, where should i go?

Aston

Hey guys,

Exactly what it says on the tin - I'm going to New York for a week's holiday on Saturday until the following Saturday.

Have you been? Know someone who's been recently??

Where should I go/visit?

I can't wait :D
Anonymous

The Empire State Building

It has a very Good view of New York
It cost £8.00 TO GET IN.
By the way the flying time takes 7hrs to NYC
andyrew

Barrett wrote:The Empire State Building

It cost £8.00 TO GET IN.
Takes hours to queue as well, so be warned for a long wait, especially at the weekend.
Only took me 3.5 hours when I went last year ;)

New York is fab, plenty to see and do. Liberty Island and Ellis Island are good, and give great views of Manhattan. Once you work out the subways they are very good, cheap, reliable and safe (night and day), so go get around town. Grand Central station on 42nd and Lexican (I think) has to be the ultimate terminus in the world, it is amazing (can't miss it, it's right by the Chrysler Building). The UN is worth a peek if you have time. And of course, be an anorak and visit all the News Channels studios. CNN is on 6th (48st ish), NBC nearby in the Rockafella Plaza, ABC and MTV in Time Square. And don't forget Cenral Park.

Take an empty suitcase, plenty of shopping to do! And wrap up warm, the weather is never nice in NY!

Have a good time (I'm not jealous :cry: ) Bring back a pressie for us poor forumers, you can drop mine off in pres control, ta ;)
Chris

If you are going to visit a place with all these fab views then remember to take a decent camera with you ;)

Might sound a bit like a strange tourist attraction but you should visit ground zero. I know people who have visited there and they say it's a really strange experience standing next to this huge crater in the middle of NY.
Cheese Head
Banned

I'd love to go christmas shopping in new york, it would be the ultimate place for christmas shopping. unfortuantly, your stuck buying for everybody else.

Id go twice, once as a tourist with a camera taking snapshots of all the usual attractions. Then as an imposter, so I can be a New Yorker - after seeing way too many episodes of Friends and all the other predictable sitcoms, it just seems like a the best lifestyler to lead. How sad...

EDIT: You have to goto this shop in Times Square. Its on Camera 3. My dad has seen people steal from here so many times.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/tim ... idays.html
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Anonymous

Oh and the cheapest way to get around is by the New York Subway

But be warned
Disadvantages
1) There is no at Info System( the screen that tells you when the train is coming.)

2) There is lots of stairs

3) You might get a bit confused about the platforms

Advantages

1) 1-Day Fun Pass
Cost: $7, reduced fare not available
Good for unlimited subway and local bus rides from first use until 3 a.m. the following day. Sold at MetroCard Vending Machines and at neighbourhood stores. Not available at station booths.

7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard
Cost: $21, reduced fare $10.50
Good for unlimited subway and local bus rides until midnight, 7 days from day of first use.

2)Here the online Subway Map
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm
cdd

Just remember... in NY they tend to like 20% tips, minimum!
cat

Bloomingdales and Abercrombie.

Buy a Mini-iPod and sell it over here.

Leave.
nwtv2003

andyrew wrote:

It cost £8.00 TO GET IN.
Takes hours to queue as well, so be warned for a long wait, especially at the weekend.
We didn't have to queue at all when we went a few years ago, but there are loads of entrances for it, plus take som ID too, we went in 2001 and they asked for my dad's ID.

Learn to use public transport too, we walked everywhere and it killed my legs literally.

But take a trip to Rockerfeller Center, we went on the NBC tour and enjoyed myself on that, go to Times Square as well, there's loads to see and Central Park is very nice, you wouldn't think it is in the city.

But you will get sick of the sight of McDonalds and Starbucks, I can gurantee that.

Though as much as I loved NYC, it is far better to go in Winter, before Christmas.
Marcus

nwtv2003 wrote: Learn to use public transport too, we walked everywhere and it killed my legs literally.
I don't think u mean that
Anonymous

andyrew wrote:

It cost £8.00 TO GET IN.
Only took me 3.5 hours when I went last year ;)

New York is fab, plenty to see and do. Liberty Island and Ellis Island are good, and give great views of Manhattan. Once you work out the subways they are very good, cheap, reliable and safe (night and day), so go get around town. Grand Central station on 42nd and Lexican (I think) has to be the ultimate terminus in the world, it is amazing (can't miss it, it's right by the Chrysler Building). The UN is worth a peek if you have time. And of course, be an anorak and visit all the News Channels studios. CNN is on 6th (48st ish), NBC nearby in the Rockafella Plaza, ABC and MTV in Time Square. And don't forget Cenral Park.

Take an empty suitcase, plenty of shopping to do! And wrap up warm, the weather is never nice in NY!

Have a good time (I'm not jealous :cry: ) Bring back a pressie for us poor forumers, you can drop mine off in pres control, ta ;)
You flew by concorde you lucky git ;) :D