Yet more networking

Cheese Head
Banned

Ok, in our humble abode wehave a wireless network. I have an old laptop, and dont have a wireless adapter, but I have an Ethernet adapter. PCMCIA of course. Well, I plugged an ENET cable into the router and I want to know if there is anyway to make Win95 just share an internet connection.

If I can't do that, (I probably can't do this either) can you copy the network file from the control panel over to the laptop, and just use that setup. Or is there any other program that will allow me to share an internet connection?
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Neil Jones

Cheese Head wrote:Ok, in our humble abode wehave a wireless network. I have an old laptop, and dont have a wireless adapter, but I have an Ethernet adapter. PCMCIA of course. Well, I plugged an ENET cable into the router and I want to know if there is anyway to make Win95 just share an internet connection.
Windows 95 will quite happily use an internet connection on another computer over a network (say, if one computer on WinXP is sharing its internet with ICS then Win95 can use that with no issues). It will also work happy with being the host of a internet connection but Win95 cannot share an internet connection, at least not without extra software, but I'm not aware of any software that does that AND runs on Win95.
If I can't do that, (I probably can't do this either) can you copy the network file from the control panel over to the laptop, and just use that setup.
It's not that simple, I'm afraid just to drag & drop. :(
Cheese Head
Banned

I found the Control Panel files, but 95 doesnt like them.

<B><U>EDIT</U><B>
Ok, after decphering the manuals basic general instructions, I have the card working properly. Now I need to find a way for ICS.
» James »
Cheese Head
Banned

It took me all day to find, but just by typing in "ICS on Windows 95" through google, I'm now talking to you through my laptop. So now folks, I can get on with the other problems with it.
» James »
Cheese Head
Banned

It took me all day to find, but just by typing in "ICS on Windows 95" through google, I'm now talking to you through my laptop. So now folks, I can get on with the other problems with it.
» James »