Converting Photos

Joe Public

Hello All.

Is it possble to change a .TIF photo format to a .JPG format?

If so how?

Thank you in advance.

G.
Dr Lobster*

It certainly is. There are so many utilities out there that will do this for you, but I personally recommend Paintshop Pro - get a trial from http://www.jasc.com
- it has support for many many different formats, including the ability to render pdf files as bitmaps, which is quite useful.

But any decent bitmap image manipulation software package will do this for you, so have a look on google if you don't fancy shelling out for anything.
Neil Jones

Dr Sigmund Mohammad wrote:It certainly is. There are so many utilities out there that will do this for you, but I personally recommend Paintshop Pro - get a trial from http://www.jasc.com
- it has support for many many different formats, including the ability to render pdf files as bitmaps, which is quite useful.
Paint Shop Pro has a so-called "batch conversion" option so you can feed it a list of, say, 100 bitmap files and ask for them to be converted to JPEGs. Depending on the complexity and size of the bitmaps, it will usually always beat opening and resaving each file individually.

Paint Shop Pro 5 was given away free on issue 108 (March 2003) of .net magazine and has no issues that I've found under WinXP.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

Or you could use Irfanview for a good, free, fast utility - no fancy knobs or sliders, but it'll do the job you want with no problems!
http://www.irfanview.com
Snarky
Joe Public

Thank you all.
Aston

Neil Jones wrote:Paint Shop Pro has a so-called "batch conversion" option so you can feed it a list of, say, 100 bitmap files and ask for them to be converted to JPEGs. Depending on the complexity and size of the bitmaps, it will usually always beat opening and resaving each file individually.
Really - that sounds useful. Is it also possibly to re-size multiple images without going through it manually. That would save me hours!
Neil Jones

Aston wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:Paint Shop Pro has a so-called "batch conversion" option so you can feed it a list of, say, 100 bitmap files and ask for them to be converted to JPEGs. Depending on the complexity and size of the bitmaps, it will usually always beat opening and resaving each file individually.
Really - that sounds useful. Is it also possibly to re-size multiple images without going through it manually. That would save me hours!
PSP5 doesn't although later versions might support it.

The batch conversion option in Paint Shop Pro 5 is just to convert the file type - bitmap to JPEG for example - and not the dimensions of it.
Cheese Head
Banned

Aston wrote:
When I put pictures of my birthday from last year on my site, I had to resize them all without this.. damnit...
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Adders

Neil Jones wrote: Paint Shop Pro 5 was given away free on issue 108 (March 2003) of .net magazine
It was also given out in issue 136 of PC Home.