Windows XP Start Menu

cwathen

Flava wrote:I wonder why they never thought of a "Classic Interface" for Windows 95! Is there actually a Windows 3.1 skin available somewhere? I do believe there is a Powertoy or something like that where you can make Windows ME or 2000 look like XP, though of course, I may be wrong.
If you did a custom setup with Windows 95 you did have a 'User Interface' choice between 'Windows 95' and 'Windows 3.1 (Program Manager)' - although selecting the latter just put a shortcut to Program Manager (which incidentally is still bundled with Windows XP today) in the startup folder, there was no change at all to the UI.
Pete

cwathen wrote:
Flava wrote:I wonder why they never thought of a "Classic Interface" for Windows 95! Is there actually a Windows 3.1 skin available somewhere? I do believe there is a Powertoy or something like that where you can make Windows ME or 2000 look like XP, though of course, I may be wrong.
If you did a custom setup with Windows 95 you did have a 'User Interface' choice between 'Windows 95' and 'Windows 3.1 (Program Manager)' - although selecting the latter just put a shortcut to Program Manager (which incidentally is still bundled with Windows XP today) in the startup folder, there was no change at all to the UI.
is it? I typed progman into run and it brought up my documents. Is it only in XP Pro?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Neil Jones

Hymagumba wrote:
cwathen wrote:
is it? I typed progman into run and it brought up my documents. Is it only in XP Pro?
Didn't do that when I just tried it, I got an empty Program Manager windows and was able to populate it with groups and the groups with items albeit it all being a bit cumbersome.