GER, Anglia, Stanstead Express & WAGN, and the rename is

Anonymous

c@t wrote:At Cambridge station the other week, listening to the dreadfully cheery announcer.

Unfortunately, the new 'One' brand does not appear to have been successfully implemented.

With announcements running to the format of "the [time] [operator] to [destination]..."

So it sounds like "the 10.30 one service to Manchester...", which makes you think it is "The 10.31 service to Manchester".

It gets really annoying after a while, honestly...
Exactly, I always get the 07:30 to London Liverpool Street (get off at Stratford) the announcer says the following: The next train to depart from platform three is the 07:30 (short pause) One service to London Liverpool Street. My Mum who doesn't normally notice that kind of thing said it was confusing as it sounded like 07:31 instead of 07:30 (although she took a diffrent train at a later time on a diffrent day).

WAGN is where you will get the problem as the bit taken over by National express is known as One West Anglia, where as the other part is still known as WAGN.
Katherine

Johnny83 wrote:And the newe name is..... One

They are now known as One Great Eastern, One Anglia, One West Anglia & One Stanstead Express

Check this link for the Lovely livery that will replace the old ones:

http://www.onerailway.co.uk/

Go to the news section & you'll see what i mean
that has got to be THE most stupid name for a TOC I have ever known! I don't deny there should be one..... train operator fot the whole of the UK; British Rail!

Renationalise the railways now!
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Anonymous

Katherine wrote:
Johnny83 wrote:And the newe name is..... One

They are now known as One Great Eastern, One Anglia, One West Anglia & One Stanstead Express

Check this link for the Lovely livery that will replace the old ones:

http://www.onerailway.co.uk/

Go to the news section & you'll see what i mean
that has got to be THE most stupid name for a TOC I have ever known! I don't deny there should be one..... train operator fot the whole of the UK; British Rail!

Renationalise the railways now!
I know someone who works at my company who used to work at British Rail & on the subject of privatisation of britisih rail he said " it[british rail] did really need a kick up the arse, there used to be guys off sick there for about 2-3 months at a time"

The main problems I have with is the track maintainece companies. Here on First Great Eastern, sorry One Great Eastern ;) main line to London Liverpool Street they decided to do track work right outside the back of my house AT 1OCLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!! The lights were shining through the windows, the track been incessinly beeen banged & constant swearing from them. Considering those two of the four tracks were closed all day for maintainance that day (Easter Monday) they had plenty of time to do it in the day.

selfish b*stards :x
cat

Johnny83 wrote:
c@t wrote:At Cambridge station the other week, listening to the dreadfully cheery announcer.

Unfortunately, the new 'One' brand does not appear to have been successfully implemented.

With announcements running to the format of "the [time] [operator] to [destination]..."

So it sounds like "the 10.30 one service to Manchester...", which makes you think it is "The 10.31 service to Manchester".

It gets really annoying after a while, honestly...
Exactly, I always get the 07:30 to London Liverpool Street (get off at Stratford) the announcer says the following: The next train to depart from platform three is the 07:30 (short pause) One service to London Liverpool Street. My Mum who doesn't normally notice that kind of thing said it was confusing as it sounded like 07:31 instead of 07:30 (although she took a diffrent train at a later time on a diffrent day).

WAGN is where you will get the problem as the bit taken over by National express is known as One West Anglia, where as the other part is still known as WAGN.
Surely wouldn't be too difficult to just say 'One Railway's service to...'

Still remains a stupid name. Sort of thing that was obviously thought up by a faceless few over a snobby London resteraunt table one stormy night in winter, spending their annual £1 million bonuses on expensive wine, and not giving a crap about the customers.