MMS Adventures

Dr Lobster*

Having recently aquired a MMS picture phone (Nokia 3200 - picture quality not great, but it was all i could afford on p&g), I am having some fun sending pictures of mad nights out to co-workers and friends as they happen.

Here is a picture of thursday nite out on the town in our local chicargo rock cafe:

Feel free to post your MMS adventures here too!
Bail

This is my right hand in the thumbs up maneuver whilst throughly enjoying your post. Spiffing what!

Taken with a samsung v200
Ed Hammond

I have to say, Dr Sig, that club looks like death warmed up.

Mind you, I'm desperately snobbish about these things.
fusionlad

Yes that Chicago Rock Bar looks terrible. Some of the decor and the dated lighting rigs in a our clubs are dreadful. A good club should always have a DJ, and a seperate operator for the lights in my opinion.

Nothing works better than a good set of vari-lights, like the ones below.

Cheese Head
Banned

I quite like the laser projectors, that go in time with the music.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Gavin Scott
Admin

fusionlad wrote:A good club should always have a DJ, and a seperate operator for the lights in my opinion.

Nothing works better than a good set of vari-lights.
You are man of expensive taste.

VL's are over-spec'd for club use to be honest. Cleaning and servicing charges alone would be a reason not to leave them permanently in a smokey moist club atmosphere. You are looking at thousands of pounds each to replace them. They are best suited for large concerts, stage and television events where they are designed to be seen as part of the show. Deeply impressive they can be too.

If you want movement/colour/gobo projection, you could get a lot more fixtures for your money buying a cheaper alternative.

You can always rent a couple of VLs, for big nights, from someone like me.
iSon

Well moving back to the MMS issue - I don't own a phone with a camera, but it has MMS capabilities...so I can be included. My mate however has a Nokia 6600 and took these pictures in Birmingham yesterday:

At the Bull Ring - very very windy, hence the slightly stupid expression

Looking up with despair at the departure boards at Birmingham New Street and every train displaying "delayed" due to debris on the line and overhead cables from the high winds.
Good Lord!
Aston

Cheese Head wrote:I quite like the laser projectors, that go in time with the music.
The best club in the country for that is Majestk in Leeds (yes, where those footballers got dun a few years ago). The lazer light in there is AMAZING! There are small mirrors dotted around the club and the lazer can create lots of fantastic effects using them.

You really have to go to see it and appreciate it...
DavidJonathan

Well this is a picture of mine taken with my Samsung SGH-V-200. Quality is quite bad and I don't take many photos anymore because of the quality. So I'd say: Buying a real digital camera makes much more sense. And a good mobile phone doesn't need a camera.
Dr Lobster*

here is a picture i took today in our sainsbury's car park, which tickled me for some reason:

rts

Lol! Certainly tickled me =P