Another High Street Rebrand

thegeek

WillPS wrote:Because it's the sort of thing century old businesses do. I'm not sure age makes their coffee taste better than Starbucks' either. In fact, I know it doesn't.
Starbucks was also founded in 1971, fact fans. I'm not sure if Costa had any retail outlets before the mid 90s, though - I remember them being a wholesaler before the first Costa Coffee Boutiques opened.
Pete

It's more honest than say Wren kitchens with their claim of "over 40 years experience" when they were actually founded in 2009. The experience because it's mainly old MFI staff.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:Because it's the sort of thing century old businesses do. I'm not sure age makes their coffee taste better than Starbucks' either. In fact, I know it doesn't.
Isn't that more a case of it being an old-fashioned thing to do in general? Combining that with the fact that there are people who can readily recall 1971, and that's what can make it sound odd.

For the record, I prefer Costa for my hot drink of choice, which is hot chocolate.
WillPS

Yeah that's it, well put Mr. Asko.

Costa Hot Chocolates are great (at least as good as Starbucks') but these days if I'm paying £3 a cup I expect caffeine.
dosxuk

Pete wrote:It's more honest than say Wren kitchens with their claim of "over 40 years experience" when they were actually founded in 2009. The experience because it's mainly old MFI staff.
Or they've done the trick of adding up how many years the management have been in the industry. Impressive if it's one or two people, not so much if it's 30 odd people.
Pete

Just noticed a van drive by with the new Brakes logo. Haven't noticed this before and given Dundee has a rather large Breaks depot there are plenty vans driving around here.
Nick Harvey
God

Is that what used to be Brake Bros, or is that a different company down here?
Pete

Nick Harvey wrote:Is that what used to be Brake Bros, or is that a different company down here?
No it's the same company. The catering suppliers.
Nick Harvey
God

Pete wrote:No it's the same company. The catering suppliers.
That's the one then. Logo used to be a picture of two chefs.
Cache

Jonny wrote:New logo for M&S

Saw it on a print advert this morning and assumed it was an anniversary-linked thing but according to their Facebook page it's here to stay.
Despite them saying that it wasn't going to be used in stores, they're busy fitting this branding all over White City. Looks nice - part of a massive upgrade that has included building a fourth floor for homeware.

I'll take some more photos when it's all done.

Critique

Not sure how long this has been the case, but N&P have rebranded to Norwich and Peterborough Building society, which is what they rebranded from in the first place! I noticed this as they put up new signage for our local branch the other day, which still carried the Norwich and Peterborough name as they never got round to changing it to N&P here! Quite a nice rebrand from the looks of it, also quite similar to Yorkshire Building society, albeit in different colours.

EDIT: I'm a fool. Just investigated and have found out that N&P is a subsidary of Yorkshire Building Society, having merged a few years ago. I noticed earlier this year when they had different brands that their advertising campaigns both looked very similar (of course they were the same campaign, just modified slightly and with different logos), but it's taken me until now to connect the two - the Y in the new logo should have been a give away! The N&P website also says Chelsea building society is part of the group too, yet it retains separate branding, for now at least.